Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hidden Strengths

I'd loved to express myself masterfully through the art of words. Instead I find myself I publishing a post filled with links to sites where people had the gumption to say what they think, feel, want and hate.

When I began to blog I was excited to finally discover a vehicle to get it all out and find others who were interested in what I had to say. Here in my house I feel safe and secure to share anything that my heart desires, at least I use to. Its tough to pour your heart out when only a few people comment. I love that anyone reads my writing, but I really want to know what they think.


I'm not sure why feedback is so important to me. Maybe I want to know how to improve. Maybe my writing is so personal that I feel rejected if no one cares to comment.

This blog was originally titled Love Lust and Life. LL&L is my online journal; a chronicle of my life experiences and choices. I want to share the good the bad and ugly in my life. Also LL&L will promote tolerance; I hope that by sharing different aspects of my life, people might become patient with others and themselves. As a social person who can experience platonic love at first sight I work hard to understand everyone's point of view and personal plight. I hate it when people are mean, harsh, critical, gossipy, or two-faced. I hate when people exclude or pick on people just in order to display their own hysterical hierarchy. So LL&L has become an extremely open minded, loving, humble and patient blog.

I really appreciate those qualities but I have noticed one important drawback; I have lost my own voice and my writing has suffered because of that. By making sure that no one's opinion were dismissed I'd stopped having my own.


Maybe people did not comment because I stopped sharing anything of substance. I was overly concerned with making every one happy.Ignored my own needs to express my anger, my convictions and my opinions. I am still want to remain an open minded person but it is time for a rebirth of sorts.

It is time to let out my inner
Sasha so that I can become stronger, better, faster, stronger and dynamic. Fear of being judged a hypocrite or intolerant of other beliefs kept me somewhat superficial in the past. Now I am free to express myself without shame or guilt.

Who is LL&L. I am very weak with many strengths. I am nicest hot-tempered person I know. I am very understanding with some inflexible convictions. I possess prideful humility. I am doormat that won't be
disrespected. It is time to embrace my whole self and to not worry about being inconsistent or disappointing people just by being true to myself.


I invite you to do the same. Love yourself unconditionally and don't be quick to judge. Take the time to observe the dynamic spirit in every life you come across and your life will be deeply meaningful.

Have hidden parts of yourself to please others? If so what do you think would change if you made a commitment to express yourself as you are, instead of trying to make yourself conform to other people's standards?




Related Links:

4 comments:

  1. hiya! sheeesh, but you got a lot of blogs... makes it difficult to decide what to follow... but, this post captured my attention.

    me, i used to be a chameleon, hiding things to please others for a long time in my life. that kinda bombed, left me feeling confused, empty, never quite knowing what it is that i wanted. so now, as hard as it may be sometimes, i don't do that anymore. and now i've ended up with people around me, who accept me as i am, who appreciate me for what i do and stand for, and these are the friendships that are more valuable to me than the multitude of friendships i had, that didn't really mean anything in the first place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your blogs in the same one blog. So cleverrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey fellow bloggers take a minute and comment, give your feedback to our one and only LLnL.
    I can understand your frustation, sometimes I spend a lot of time writing a post but at the end of the day it has 0 comment :(
    But that doesnt mean your followers didn't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shadow- Friendships make the world go round. Even the most confident and independent person still needs some support. Thank you for following.

    @ LazyKing- YOU ARE THE BEST! Thank you for being to nice to me. You are a true friend. Thank you for helping my cause. I think that I need to improve my writing and make it more professional and compelling. As long as I have a few commentors in my corner I will thrive. Words could never fully express my gratitude so again I will just say thank you.

    ReplyDelete