Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank You My Love- letter to Gambit

Thank you for letting me talk and vent my frustrations. You could have taken my words personally; instead you put my needs first and encouraged me to speak freely. Because of your patience and love my mind has clarity, my heart has peace, and my eyes have a greater appreciation for you. You mean the world to me, so it scares me to be honest with you about my anger or disappointments. I usually try to avoid complaining about my hurt feelings because of my fear of losing your love, but with out fail you still love me.

I know its hard for you to have those emotional talks. I know that when I get going my emotions are intense and my words can be hurtful. I know that those are the times that I share with you my arrogance, ingratitude, and moody disposition. I'm sorry for that, but I truly thank you for telling me be completely honest, reminding me not hold back.

Please believe me when I say that I love you the way you are; I am willing to do what it takes to make sure you know that. Thank you so much for your honesty and responding with a heart-warming apology. I know you are not perfect, but I can't imagine loving anyone else the way I love you. Thank you for helping me feel more secure about expressing myself, instead of just trying to "wish it away". Thank you so much for holding my hand, kissing my forehead and telling me over and over that you love me.



2 comments:

  1. He sounds like a sweet guy, and of course he is not perfect like everyone else. That's why you need to tell him about your disappointments.
    Since his Love for you is unconditional and for better and for worse, few words are not enough to take him and his love away.
    I'm happy that you acknowledge his love and appreciate him :) for his true nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so wise LZ. Your blog usually makes me crack up but I love it when you share this side of you.

    No one is perfect, that's true...but it is hard when for most of your life people have ignored your strengths and feel justified in taking you for granted. Gambit has not really had a season of people acknowledging his accomplishments I assume that it is hard to hear criticisms, it is for me for sure.

    I love him him madly and deeply and want him to never have any reason to doubt it so while I'm honest to a fault...I find myself stuffing feeling that end up hurting our relationship. Damned if you do damned if you don't, but I am grateful that he knows I love him.

    ReplyDelete